Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend Mani: Pirouette My Whistle and some whites!

Hello all! It has been entirely way too long, and I know I've been a disaster about posting. A disaster. First graduation (I actually have a college degree now! *dances*), then a few trips around the world, and then med school. Yes, one day in the hopeful future, I may one day be an M.D. It's really quite exciting, but exhausting. Am considering a sideblog in which I sporadically detail my life of coffee, class, studying, and occasionally sleeping and eating. I am considerably more alive over at my tumblr, though it's slowly being taken over by vignettes from med school and random kitten gifs...

Anyway, to make up for this absence and the reason why I have this blog in the first place, here is my weekend mani! One that I actually did for the weekend because I was so tired of studying. OPI's Pirouette My Whistle is one of my favorite glitter polishes, but also the only one I got from the NYC Ballet collection. It's a delicate silver glitter polish with a clear base and larger flecks of shimmery white hexagonal glitter. Whenever I need a little pick-me-up and have the need to feel a little girly, I pull this one out and whatever color I'm feeling as the base for the moment.

On Thursday night, I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White as my base color, and here is a picture before I messed up my nails because I didn't let them dry completely. Excuse the yellow/redness of my fingers, these were taken at night under the lamp :\

Base: butter LONDON Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat
Top: butter LONDON Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat  
Base Color: Sinful Colors Snow Me White - 2 coats  
Glitter: OPI Pirouette My Whistle - 1 coat 

Of course, I had to redo. Sinful Colors's Snow Me White was a bit too opaque for me so I tried a sheer white from Essie (Allure) and I'm kind of loving it a lot. I wasn't as liberal with the hexagonal glitter as before, result of forgetting to shake the bottle before using to mix up the glitter, but it did its job as I get distracted every so often during my studying to look at my nails :)
 Natural Lighting

Sunlight

Base: butter LONDON Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat 
Top: butter LONDON Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat 
Base Color: Essie - 2 coats  
Glitter: OPI Pirouette My Whistle - 1 coat 

 Like/dislike? What other colors would you use as the base? I have another mani from a few months ago with various blue ombre base, keep an eye out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment