Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wet n Wild Bejeweled: Speak When Spoken To

I couldn't resist! And ended up painting my nails yesterday, despite my internal protests. Oh well :)

I was feeling a bit down and stressed lately, so I decided to go glittery and boy, does this help make me feel fab! This loverly (see what I did thar?) polish is from Wet n Wild's Bejeweled Collection. I picked this up a few weeks ago at Meijer for $2.99, but didn't have the chance to try it out yet. I don't wear glitters often, but this is dazzling.


Base: Seche Clear Base
Top: Seche Vite
Base Color: Urban Outfitters RGB Nail Polish in Eyes Wide Closed - 2 coats
BLING Glitter: Wet n Wild in Speak When Spoken To - 2 coats


I used a black base color under the glitter, and you can really see the color from the polish stand out (i.e., as opposed to no base color or a cream base). You can also see some of the black where I was being messy near the tips. This is filled with micro and some small circular glitters, with a purple-blue (and some teal in there) almost duochrome sheen--SO, SO, SO pretty under the sun, by the way. It took about two coats to completely cover the black, although the thumb actually needed an additional third layer. Also, Seche Vite top coat is superthick, so I ended up with a pretty smooth finish.

Sorry for the lack of pictures this time! Believe it or not, this was the one decent picture out of 20 that I took :\ As excited as I am to take this off in a few days (2 layers of glitter AND 2 layers of black? This is a nightmare waiting to happen...), I'm really considering the rest of the Bejeweled collection! Thoughts?

2 comments: