Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend Mani: Needle Marble/Needle Dragging

This post is long overdue! But figures that I would create this blog and tumblr right before finals began. So! Mini-hiatus until I finish up the rest of my exams and finals business in the next week and a half. But here's last weekend's needle marble/needle dragging mani!


Base: Seche Clear Base
Top: Seche Vite
Base Color: Sinful Colors in Soul Mate 1-2 thick coats
Marble Color: Urban Outfitters RGB Nail Polish in Eyes Wide Closed; Color Club & ArtClub nail striper in white
Ring: Angel Wing Ring from Forever 21 (Sold out)


I basically followed two tutorials over at Liquid Jelly and Mr.Candiipants. After layering a thick coat of Sinful Colors Soul Mate, I just added a drop or two of UO Eyes Wide Closed and used a (borrowed, thanks irl friend! ♥) thin dotting tool to make my marble pattern. Then I used the slightly larger end of the dotting tool to add a few dots where it seemed good! More pictures!




Excuse the messy cuticles! I got a bit lazy and didn't fix them like I originally planned. But these wore pretty well! There was absolutely no chipping, and they had been on for almost a week before any noticeable shrinking (drat Seche Vite sometimes, sigh). Otherwise, I'm really excited to try this again. I'm aspiring to create designs akin to this!

And surprise! Nail polish earrings from Cindy-y over at Square Polish! Thank you, Cindy! ♥ I can't wait to wear them :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay Amy! Yay needle! I love that color. <3.

    PS I never told you, the earrings are Orly - Sweet Peacock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe the Sinful Colors color? You helped me pick it out! :)

      Oh thanks! It's such a pretty blue! *_*

      Delete