Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Window Shopping at Sephora

Don't you love impromptu shopping trips? Today (the day I'm writing this), I popped on a bus to the mall to look for some perfume at Sephora. I didn't walk out with a Sephora bag, but my left-hand fingers show how much fun I had at the big nail polish stand.

Thumb: NARS Shimmer Nail Polish in Orgasm - 2 coats
Index: Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Viridian - 2 coats
Middle: Dior Vernis Haute Couleur High Lasting in Graphic Berry - 1 coat
Ring: Dior Vernis Haute Couleur High Lasting in Lucky - 1 coat
Pinky: Julep Nail Color in Vanessa - 2 coats
* No top, no base


One thing I love about being able to try on nail polish is that even though I most likely won't get it (though, it happens... sometimes... often), at least I get to own it on my nails for the day. Or week, depending on when I take it off.

Unfortunately, while my phone's pretty smart, the camera is kind of dumb when it comes to lighting. Orgasm was a very pretty shimmery peach, but kind of clashes with my already yellow skin tone. Viridian is so pretty! Maybe it was the lighting in Sephora, but it looked iridescent like Deborah Lippmann's Wicked Game, but definitely a rich peacock green with a gorgeous teal shimmer. Graphic Berry looks much more fuschia in person than this picture, and Lucky was more of a bright coral color (than this orangeness) that reminds me of butter LONDON's MacBeth. I didn't feel much for Graphic Berry but Lucky was so fun! The only thing I don't like about Dior though, was the brush. It was quite thick, cut into a point and I had a bit of trouble with application. Finally, I just wanted to try a glitter. Vanessa would probably be a good topper to give a solid color a kick.

There ya go. Hopefully I will actually get the perfume within the next two days. Chic Week at Sephora ends on April 5th!

Also, I'm still playing around with the blog layout and added in a watermark to my questionable phone pics. Like?

2 comments:

  1. wait a minute..where did you find a Julep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was underneath the Dior shelf of nail polish in Sephora!

      Delete