Monday, April 2, 2012

Macaron Attempt 2.5

I have recently been inducted into the wonderful and delicious world of macarons. But it has been a long, hard process, one I have yet to overcome! I began this endeavor while I was at home during spring break at the end of February. Here be my story:

My first attempt resulted in me attempting to whip egg whites for over an hour before I realized, no, whipped egg whites don't look like that. So this was 0.5, because I never even made it to the mixing stage.

My second attempt was slightly better, but my egg white whipping technique lacked greatly. And the results are too ghastly to post on the internet.

Finally, my sister came home and we decided to make this together (she cringed at Attempt 1.5 above). She quickly corrected my egg white whipping technique and here was the end result:



The original almond flavored shells with a quick vanilla buttercream filling! My sister ate them right after they were out of the oven, but I got to try one (after giving so many away!) after a few days of aging, and it was even more delicious after the shells absorbed some of the moisture and flavor from the filling! I can't wait to try making these babies with different colors and flavors!

Recipe adapted from Giver's Log and Pastry Pal's macaron primer

No comments:

Post a Comment